Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Colour Tute #2 by Mary J

Hi Girls,

How is your summer? Lovely? We hope so :) We also have nice hot summer day here.. Oh, wait.. we always have hot day since we live at tropical country, lol. Sometimes we wish we could move to a four seasons country and experiencing the winter for once. But, because our body's tolerance to cold  is very low, we're afraid we'll freeze to death there!

Anyway, today, we will continue to feature one of our talented DT lady; Mary J's tutorial. The first part of her tute can be found here. If in the first part of the tutorial she show how to color the skin, now she'll show you step by step how to color the hair part. So, here's the second part of the tutorial ^^

Ps: Don't forget to join our coloring challenge, you don't even have to make a card to join. Just pick one of our digi (the free ones are allowed too) and color it according to the color pallete provided ^^

***

Mary J here with a quick tute on colouring wavy hair with Copic Markers. So, first I select my colours - here I am using E31, E33, E35 and E37. First, using my lightest, E31, I cover the whole hair...

I then take the next darkest E33 and colour where the darker parts of the waves in her hair will be...

I then use the next darkest E35 to colour the darkest part of the hair waves...

I go back and use my lightest colour E31 to blend the colours together...

Now I want to create even more depth. I take my darkest colour E37 and put in the very darkest areas in her hair...

And finally using light strokes I lightly blend the darkest areas where I have used E37 with E35 into the E35 areas and E33 where I have used E35 into the E33 areas (if that makes sense!!). Et voila, the finished hair...

Hope that was useful! Leave any questions you have in the comments and I'll get back to you!

1 comment:

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Thank you for the awesome tute Mary.